Wild Camping Is Now Legalized in England!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blencathra

Dec 12, 2005
North Yorkshire, UK
Years ago, my bother woke up to a posh voice on the radio purporting to be a scientist representing the Scottish Whisky Industry. The man was declaiming the just reported new product from a small distillery that advertised that it was selling dehydrated whisky, alcohol and all.
Ideal for camping, sailing, hillwalking, etc., only needed to add water....... :rolleyes:
He thought it was the best thing ever invented :D :D Until it clicked :sigh:

The other Toddy spent the day thoroughly disgruntled when realised the date, and trying to work out how he could make it. :D :D

atb,
M

Mary,

A company called Toratech actually sell dehydrated wine..........just add water...............I dont get the EtOh bit ?

Anthony

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
tecknically legal now if you find common land, look out for a nice village green ! Remember of a homeless man camping on common land for that long he ended up owning it and selling it for housing at more than 100% profit. i just dont think you can squat legally with public complaints, as you end up owning it. A civil matter. Just dont do anything illegal, like lighting a fire or grazing your sheep between the ours of darkness! I think the same applies to right to roam land, so long as you dont cause a disturbance, its a civil and not legal, so you cannot be arrested.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You can be arrested if you do not leave when told to - usually for "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace".

leon-1

I know it's early buddy, so ill go easy. Check the date on the opening post or read the rest of them. A trip is what you need though, don't be put off. Go Dartmoor or Scotland.

Even Dartmoor has limits, I believe that you can stay in the same location for 48hrs and no more. There are also fire restrictions across the whole of the more set up in local byelaws.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
"behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace" - that does make me giggle....."officer, i came here for peace and bloomin' quiet, if i wanted to breach the peace i'd go home and argue with the wife" :p

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I thought that after 12 on April the 1st, the joke was on you?

What does that even mean??

Plus.......

SLIHDWk.png

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
tecknically legal now if you find common land, look out for a nice village green ! Remember of a homeless man camping on common land for that long he ended up owning it and selling it for housing at more than 100% profit.

I understand how one might be able to set up on common land like that (although I'm sure that in most cases local bylaws will get in the way). I'm also aware how squatting can occasionally result in transfers of ownership (which in some cases could be beneficial; for instance in revitalising slums or run-down areas, but in other situations such as the loss of common land, I'd say it was harmful). However I do not believe that it would ever be possible to sell something for more than 100% profit. Even if someone paid you to take ownership of something, and you then sold it and were paid again, and during this process you incurred no costs relating to upkeep, maintenance, or the sale itself, then you added the payments you received together, that would still be 100% profit.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Common land only vests very specific rights in a few people - not everyone. Commoners rights are normally attached to specific properties and are detailed (not just "grazing rights" but how many animals may be grazed, of what type, during what times of year, in what locations). Common land does not reflect who owns it, nor who can camp on it.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
I'm not entirely sure. I think it means that if you play a trick, and someone is taken in by it after midday, then you're the div, not them.

Nah, totally illogical and just something the divs who fall for it like to say ;)

I appreciate that you laid your snare before 12 on April 1st, but it still seems to be catching unwary creatures months later! Surely not the method of a responsible trapper?

Just word play and no harm is done. Still funny either way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE