Wild camping in Wales this weekend...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I say 'wild camp' although I pitched a 3 man tent complete with airbed (hand pumped ;) )and took a couple of luxuries like the single burner stove (brew kit essential), a couple of folding chairs and a foldaway table but we also put up the tarp (under which the previously mentioned kit was stationed) using only wood and paracord (I put my knot practice to the test), cooked on the open fire (Mmmm.... steak). Mora in the sheath and I was in pleasure country.

I had permission to camp on a farm called Ty Isaf (google it, book and tell them the crazy English who river camped in Feb told you about it ;) ) near Bala this weekend and we (me and the missus ((the kids are away elsewhere for once but that's another story)) set up right on the banks of the river Dee about half a mile from Bala Lake.

Beautiful, quiet, relaxing and admittedy a wee bit chilly in the small hours but absolutely fantastic none the less. SHMBO took a couple of pics on the mobi' so if they turn out ok I will post them up.

All in all a brilliant time and one I intent to do again.

Matt.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
'Yours Truely' whittling...
Image012.jpg

View from behind the tarp...
Image019.jpg

Lunch...
Image017.jpg

View across the River Dee...
Image018.jpg

Who's taking who for a walk?...
Image022.jpg

Matt.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have never tried a wild camp by a river ill look it up !

Looks like you had a great time ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE