Wild camping forums

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Hi everyone,

Probably a contentious question for some but.....

Can anyone recommend some UK wild camping forums? I'm looking for hillwalking/wild camping (the likes of Dean Read on YT kinda forums) please.

Hope I haven't wound anyone up....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The question is fine, no one should get wound up about it and people should feel free to answer...

I expect that a search on Facebook or the like will bring you the most platforms for Wild Camping, I think there's very few forums about it, although some forums do have some chatter about it.

Reactions: Wandjina

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hi everyone,

Probably a contentious question for some but.....

Can anyone recommend some UK wild camping forums? I'm looking for hillwalking/wild camping (the likes of Dean Read on YT kinda forums) please.

Hope I haven't wound anyone up....

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you are already a member of Wild Camping for Motorhomes?

They have a 'Location App' that you can access if you join up. The map shows places you can pull of the road to overnight in the UK.

Ah, sorry, you want walk-in sites!

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Well, it depends on your definition, but I'm inclined to agree that the name is a little strange :)

I admit that when I 'overland trek' I consider myself to be wild camping if I'm not in a facility. The fact I've taken my gear in with a vehicle doesn't change that in the same way as when I canoe and camp.

Reactions: Wandjina

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE