Wild Boar at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is a question just in case anyone knows what i'm on about :D

We think that there was a conversation at some point where someone said there was a possibility that they could get wild boar to the Moot this year.

Does this ring any bells with anyone?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Do they mean me? They surely do!!! :)

I've been out of the country for a few days so I've just caught this........I will look into this in detail now that the time is closer and report back soon......I've just got back now, and will reply to PM's on this over the next few days :)

Dugs

May 28, 2016
North west
Myself and a mate will be traveling down from the North West. Looking forward to it.

Has anyone got any tips on what to take, or things that we don't need that are provided? Also what is the crack with firewood when we are down there?

Thanks

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Myself and a mate will be traveling down from the North West. Looking forward to it.

Has anyone got any tips on what to take, or things that we don't need that are provided? Also what is the crack with firewood when we are down there?

Thanks

Take whatever you would normally take for a camping holiday - there are no rules about having to live under a rock for the entire event. The majority of it will be a "skill sharing" or "social" event.
Please be advised that South Wales in mid summer can get to be like other places in mid winter - It will almost certainly rain while you are there, maybe two or three weeks worth if you are lucky!
Facilities on site include- toilets, showers and running water - sometimes the water will be hot enough for the showers, other times it wont be! The rest you should plan to bring with you or do without.

Firewood is scarce, generally it is harvested out of the woodland by the estate owners and we have to buy it back, by the tractor trailer-full. Then it is up to individuals to cut, chop and carry it back to their camps - so if you have room in your vehicle for a few bags of wood, it can make things a little easier. You might get lucky and find some fallen wood on site but it is getting to be a rarity.

Any other queries, please ask.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Has anyone done the risk assessment for introducing wild boar to a larper site? :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;m7YDP5TW_uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7YDP5TW_uc[/video]

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm sorry to have to report that I'll not be able to arrange a boar for this year's moot, folks; I've tried everything and everybody to get one, but between kids on holiday and people being away and the older of the hunters refusal to shoot anything at all at this time of year, it's just not possible to arrange it.

I really thought I'd be able to source one from somebody doing a bit of pest control but not even that is happening at the moment :(

I don't know if or when I'll be able to get down for a few days to say hello to folk; I hope everybody will have a great time this year! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE