WHY did nobody mention these to me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It looks like fun, but where the hang do you store your kit ?
Y'cannae really brew up in it :rolleyes: or take your wet boots inside to dry off.
Those stretched lines would garrotte someone at night too.

Sorry :eek: don't mean to rain on the parade.

M

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
No intention of buying one but I would really like to try one out for real on a week long camp
Wonder if they want someone to field test it-Contact me here lol

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Interesting. They look very comfy to sleep in and you could use wool blankets or sheepskin rugs under you. If pitched high enough you could also use the space underneath as a shelter to store kit and cook. Condensation would be the big thing though as moisture would run down the walls onto the floor and right under where you would be lying.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
..........and drip off onto kit stored below too I think.

Thon ratchet thingie ? how much effort do you think it'd need to howk out a tree ?

I agree they look fun, but I think they have issues and I don't think they're near £800 of fun, iimmc.

atb,
M

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
I think finding the right size trees the right distance apart will be hard, the need for that much tension means you need big trees. but yes they look fun :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Would that be the plughole, then? I can't see £800 worth of fun there either, and I'd be a bit concerned about damage to trees by people pitching it without a real understanding of it - there's some strong forces at work there............atb mac

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Thats a very cool idea, and in reality if you're in a woodland it wouldn't be hard to find 3 trees the right size and distance. However I do agree that it is not a feasible idea and in no way is worth the £800 for it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE