why bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
bushcraft why because my grandad and grandma who are now unfortunatly no longer with us would take me out to a restourant then we would go to some were like the north york shire moors or some where like it as such. Then once my grandad who was the driver passed on it stopped and well i missed it. Then i started to get in to watching well take a guess, Ray Mears no suprises there then. I searched on google and found BCUK and it all started from there.
Another thing that got me into the great outdoors was when i was six i joined beavers and then went to cubs and scout and now am a cub leader.
Also i have been caravaning since well when i was nee high to a grass hopper so bushcrafting is the next step.

gloomhound

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2008
Charleston
Were I live it's just what we do. All of my life I have hunted,fished camped and enjoyed the out of doors. We just don't call it bush crafting. ;-)
One of the nice things about bush crafting is it is inclusive of all the outdoor skills without the baggage of having to have a reason to do it. Survival skills may be practiced but are only really used when in dire need. But bush crafting just is.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
for me it's pretty much escapism. Realistically most of my bushcrafting is just one nighters, or bushcraft integrated with hillwalking (firelighting, things to do in the evenings) or other bits and pieces. It's nice though - simple, allows me to completely forget about 'real life' while I'm in a bushcraft environment. Just wish I had more time to do more of it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE