Who thinks that this ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
... forum is by far the best outdoor/survival forum now on the web? :-D :-D :-D :You_Rock_ We now seem to be picking up some great members from overseas this place is sent to rock!

Along with British Blades I think us Brits have got a darn good community going! :-D

:uu: :eek:):

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:You_Rock_ :super: :biggthump :uu: :eek:): :ekt: :notworthy :rolmao: :wave: :-D

erm yes! :shock:

how about one of those "polls"? not sure how they work!

certainly since i have actively been surfing the web for around 8 years it is the most apropriate, web site i have found for my interests in outdoor life!

i had been a member on another well known site but there was always an atmousphere of paranoia and paramilitary which i'm not into but was sort of dragged into, since i've discovered "BushcraftUK" i have completely turned my back on "survival" and i have been "born again" into bushcraft!

death to survival! :AR15firin

long live BUSHCRAFT UK! :uu:

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
This thing I like here is that while we do love gear and new shiny things, it's not all about new shiny things! It's about skill and experience and learning. I think that makes a huge difference.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:lol:

i used to get all excited about camo things! :rolmao:

i always felt that the "other site" was more into 36hyour "short term" survival rather than actually living comfortably in the wilderness without there having to be some huge world wide disaster!

i like the way that we all accept some army surplus is actually ok, and that we don't need the matching helmet and rifle! infact we don't need weapons at all(unless hunting)!

it's views like this that actually got me called a "commie" by a US survivalist!
:shock:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Well its the members that make the forum :)
People here are polite and friendly to each other... thats what makes it a good community unlike other forums that just degenerate into an all out flame war. People here respect each others opinions which is important even if you don't agree. Discussions are reasoned and well thought out and not just drivel that you find else where on the net..... and most of all..... if you post a question..... you get a decent reply!!!

Thanks you guys... you make the forum what it is.... easy to moderate ;-)

Ed

J

Jamie

Hear hear Ed....makes all our lives that much easier, and more importantly interesting with the threads that get posted here.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
like Ed said its the members that make it so good, the members here ARE bushcraft

without your intrest there wouldnt be bushcraft as we know it today, the members make and run this website (the mods only look after it for you)

the bushcraft industry only exists and runs because of your intrest
so to the members (and lurkers, you know who you are :wink: ) congratulation on making this such a good site

Happiness is a screen with all the posts marked read (which is getting difficult to achive :-D )

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
The thing that I like about this place is that it's opened my eyes to the fact that there's far more to all this than I realised - and I'm glad!

I got introduced to Bushcraft via Ray Mears books and courses, but had no idea that there were so many other people out there offing skills and advice. Now I know, and my respect for Ray is now a respect for all you people as well.

You lot rock! :You_Rock_

D

Dutchman

cold.gif
UK
emoticon_thumbs_up.gif
4EVER

cheers,
frank

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i hold you all with high respect the welcome you get when
you first join is a realy warm one wich make's you setle
right in but i'm also well jealus of all the open country side
you all have access to :evil: island life can suck :ekt:

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
This place is fantastic! a big thanks to Tone for coming up with the idea and taking the trouble to get it together! :You_Rock_
And everyone here for makin a Community, rare thing nowadays.
Thanks everone for all your good advice and good humour and taking the time to read any of my waffle.
Cheers guys :uu: :ekt: :ekt:
Rich

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Definately the people make it what it is.

the most friendly and informative forum around.

Used to be a member of a few martial arts communities but that just ended up in flames.

everyone keep up the good work

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
I'd have to agree that this place really is great. A big thankyou has to go out to Tony for comming up with the idea. On a forum like this, its the people who make it, there is a lot of knowledge here and a very helpfull bunch you all are.

Long may we continue.
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE