Who here uses DC3/4?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hey British Red,
I agree that since the Monsterous Regiment there hasn't been the belly laughs...and the footnotes I miss so much, but they are still very good and it's a great shame that with his illness we may not get much more. Still think they are pretty dam good though. More thought provocing these days that out and out funny, Good Omens always makes me giggle and one of my alter egos is Captain Carrot whilst on line... he's a purely pure chap.... 'till he needs not to be.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
I use the dc3, I take that and some cheap diamondstones in the bottom of my bergan whenever I'm out because I can't stand blunt tools!! I have waterstones aswell because sometimes I like to give the clipper a really big go and get that mirror edge up again!

If this happens you should return the stone to your supplier for a replacement. This happened to a 'dodgy batch' apparently.

happened to the one o got of the group buy here ( a few light strokes on a couple of kitchen kniveds) Tony took it back and replaced it but that went as well havent bothered about this one will glue it up properly when i get round to it. not worth the hassle and the postage

have been using DMT stuff for years tho

Always wondered if Ray used his Multi tools to remove those nails after sharpening:lmao:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
happened to the one o got of the group buy here ( a few light strokes on a couple of kitchen kniveds) Tony took it back and replaced it but that went as well havent bothered about this one will glue it up properly when i get round to it. not worth the hassle and the postage

have been using DMT stuff for years tho

Always wondered if Ray used his Multi tools to remove those nails after sharpening:lmao:

Glue it up now! or drop it on the floor snapping the ceramic side in half :rolleyes:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
You can't beat a DMT 3, paired up with a starkie sharp (in case you don't know: a small piece of leather, charged with some kind of magical compound). Both my Bison Bushcrafter and my Northstar are hair-popping sharp (my left arm is bald, no girlfriend problem) and shiny shiny shiny.

Lovely.

For a convex grind, I find taking it length-ways in your fingers and, with a circular motion, rotating it up and down the blade. Difficult to explain...

With a scandi, much the same, except it's easier as there's no angle change.

Great piece of kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE