Who are the old Punks

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Just would like to know who are the old punks that frequent the forum.
Not looking for you tube links thanks, just who was there in the beginning and relates to our genre.
Feel free to pm if you don't want to go public.
This is not political, goodness knows,i couldn't count the number of followers who are in the establishment as of now..i'm retired but still i'm covered by the states secret nonsense..
When i say you tube,just post music,not out and out political or religious nonsense,would like to think that we are above that,ta

yes i know that most punk is political but so is life, i'm looking for those that did and still enjoy the music of the past on my favourite forum.
hope that's ok with alll,
tom

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Me
I was there in 76 and for a country boy from Galloway that was a bit of a shocker for family and other locals
I was well into music and just noticed the Ramones ,Patti Smith,Stooges MC 5 then the Pistols Clash Subway Sect Buzzcocks etc
Then the whole thing exploded
I was in Ayr a while in 77 Speed records if I recall and gigs by local bands One of which featured Mike Scott pre Another Pretty face
Train to Glasgow for gigs by Clash and the Jam
Saw the Mob and Slime in Bath on Friday night
I can say quite honestly that Punk Rock changed my life
Pity it all went wrong however and as you note we have all moved on in life

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Hi Tom,
76 onwards. Also well into the scene after going into a record shop in Aberdeen and finding a group of punks in the corner stubbing their cigarettes out on the bright red plush carpet. i was a dedicated Stranglers follower as JJ Burnel was da man. Seen them and met them several times. Saw the Sex pistols and the Clash etc. Loved it for the absolute bottom kicking buzz. Then got into Metal and then Fields of the Nephillim (awsome live), Sister of Mercy and the Cult. Oh what fun we had.....
The sense of rebellion was paramount.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Oh my, speed records with the handwritten charts of the different musical genres,bought many a record from there.
Good times

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Never was a punk but saw The Clash 3 times (including in Hammersmith Palias). In 76 my friend took a photo of Johnny Rotten into a hairdressers and asked for a similar style, she said "I can cut it but you will have to mess it up yourself" :) He is now a presenter on the Bloomberg channel!

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Late arrival. By the time I was introduced to punk all the big names had mellowed, OD'd or turned into newrobloodymantics.
Had some entertaining nights at the Barra's and up the QM seeing some of the late 80s crew(liked the New Model Army gigs) but never really caught the bug...

...or looked the part. My idea of dressing for a punk do was sticking on a black t-shirt. Mind being accused of just having a thing for lassies with raven hair and heavy eyeshadow and not really having an argument to counter with.:rolleyes:
Good thread, should be a giggle, I know there's more than a few punks in our midst growing old disgracefully.
You_Punk.gif

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I missed punk really, it sort of drifted me by as I was in my 'dub' period

[video=youtube;PcA-Q9V1Pv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcA-Q9V1Pv0[/video]

Although Ska and some of the two tone appealed.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
I must be getting old! The 70s and 80s music was awsome! Whether it was the classic rock ledgens like Rainbow, Black Sabs etc, New wave, MOD revival, New Romantics it was all so good! Now THATS what I call music!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE