whittling knife recomendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
as title guys whats best and where to purchase? thanks in advance for your help.I dont want anything that flexes ,got to be a good strong blade.

Last edited:

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
My two main knives are the Mora 120 and the Mora 711.

The Mora 711 for quick and fast, the Mora 120 for the details.

Her ein Norway the Mora 711 cost around 4£. Should not be much over 10£ in England. The Mora 120 is around 10-15£ here.
Just google them.

This said I am not a very accomplished whitler. Got no patcence for it, but both of those knives come Mora sharp, and feels good in the hand.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I like to use the mora 106 knife, great knife for the money, I also use a larger polar 95 for bigger things like bowls or large spoons.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
My friends who is a carver uses a mora 120 and several sizes of kogatana (kiridashi? Those japanese knives that are one metal bar)

He is no knife buff

2trapper

Forager
Apr 11, 2011
Italy
Mora is great. if you are interested in an ergonomic grip you can also try flexcut carving knife. I have one and it feels very comfortable in the hand

paul atkin

Forager
Dec 15, 2010
york
paulatkin.co.uk
Have a look at the polar blades from moonraker, my main user is a small one i got from robin several years ago, its a great blade, and you can put on a handle that fits your hand, i find the moras very good blades, but handles are a tad too small for me

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE