White stag spotted in Scottish highlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Did anybody not see the irony of the last sentence, about the stag that was killed?

Farmers and gamekeepers had kept quiet about the stag's whereabouts for years in an attempt to protect him.

So why haven't they done the same with this one? Nice one BBC, you've just advertised the fact that it is up there. I'll guarantee some imbecile will go and kill the poor creature now.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
I'll guarantee some imbecile will go and kill the poor creature now.

And the very best of luck to him. Even white deer are good at making themselves scarce when the need arises.

I used to work on a nature reserve with a very large deer population including some white ones. Over the course of a year I only ever saw the white ones once.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Exactly the same can be said for this post appearing on here. More publicity. If I was you Shewie, I would ask for this post to be deleted.

I posted it on here safe in the knowledge that the people who were likely to read it wouldn`t be the sort to go out and hunt this special beast down. If anything the beef should be with the BBC not me, but I do understand where you`re coming from.

Rich

EDIT:

Mods

Feel free to remove this thread if you think it`s for the best. Ta

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
To be fair, anyone who would have an interest in hunting down this animal or those like him probably already knew of its existence.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE