White Rose Wood 20 to 22 March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
White Rose Wood Meet dates are from: 20th to 22nd March 2015
Location : Behind the Super sausage cafe' on Moorend road, Potterspury, NN12 7QD

It's the wood on its own between Potterspury and Yardly Gobion on the left.

Parking is located about a half mile off the main road on the tight right hand bend, gate to left.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please read the following before adding your name to the list:

Prices are per person per night
·Adults £5
Children up to age of 18 Free [must be supervised by someone over 18]
·This is non-profit making, once the rent and insurance are covered any further funds are used to improve facilities or donated to a charity chosen by the group.

This venue is offered for family bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu demo's may happen!

All drinking water is bought in bottled so please dont waste it, if you can bring a few litres please do, bottles can be filled at the local cafe'. There are now toilet facilities a long drop witch is screened off from view for you privacy, please burn used toilet paper in the burn ditch provided. or if you fancy treating yourself you could walk to the super sausage, have a "quality dump" followed by a full english and a fresh mug of tea.

Dogs are welcome until the owner says different.

Rules for dog owners are:
·Dogs to be kept by owners side or, on leads at all times when in the woods.
·Any fighting between dogs you may be asked not to bring them again – continual problems and your dog will not be welcome back.
·Any snapping or snarling won’t be tolerated at all so make sure your dog is dog friendly.
·Any dog that constantly barks or, makes too much noise and where there has been cause for complaints, your dog will not be welcome back.
·Dogs must be fully trained to bury thier own foul and burn any tissue paper used, just curling one out and giving it a little sniff before walking off looking pleased is not acceptable.

Parents/Guardians:

You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
·Please keep an eye on your children in the communal area and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
We incourage the safe use of sharps, please make sure all carving and like is supervised.
·Please ensure that your children are in bed or at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during this period.

Fires:

·The only ground fire that we can have is in the communal area.
·All other wood (or wood type) fires must be raised so no scaring occures.
·Due to limited fuel, fires must be kept small, don't waste what we have!
·Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around

Rubbish:
·There are no refuse facilities on site.
·You bring it in, you take it away.
.There is never to be a communal rubbish bin.

Please remember to burn your toilet paper!!!!

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)

Last edited:

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
RE8ELD0G

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
RE8ELD0G
Hubs(TBC)
Andrew059

XRV John (TBC)

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
RE8ELD0G
Hubs(TBC)
Andrew059

XRV John

look forward to meeting you.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
look forward to meeting you

This is one of those times when you think "God, don't make a faux pas!". After getting a babysitter sorted (24 yr old stepson will look after his 9 and 6 year old sisters) after my wife announced she was going out pubbing with my sister, I realised that all my previous outdoors activities have been motorcycling and that my clothing will need to get sorted out before this meet.

So I've been reading posts about boots, jackets and trousers, seeing what I will need to buy as tromping around in bike kit is alright for a nice grassy camp site but maybe not for the woods.

Any advice on my options:
- I can either use my work Trojan Lites safety boots or buy some AB30 style army boots ?
- do I buy some army camo style trousers or use my Next/Topman multi pocket ones (one pair is 100% cotton, the other 70/30 cotton/nylon) ?
- rather than buy a new jacket I've got an old green lined ski jacket I'll use

Got three weeks to get stuff sorted so any advice gratefully received. Oh and how far is it from the car to where we'll be pitching up?

Ta chucks

John

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
This is one of those times when you think "God, don't make a faux pas!". After getting a babysitter sorted (24 yr old stepson will look after his 9 and 6 year old sisters) after my wife announced she was going out pubbing with my sister, I realised that all my previous outdoors activities have been motorcycling and that my clothing will need to get sorted out before this meet.

So I've been reading posts about boots, jackets and trousers, seeing what I will need to buy as tromping around in bike kit is alright for a nice grassy camp site but maybe not for the woods.

Any advice on my options:
- I can either use my work Trojan Lites safety boots or buy some AB30 style army boots ?
- do I buy some army camo style trousers or use my Next/Topman multi pocket ones (one pair is 100% cotton, the other 70/30 cotton/nylon) ?
- rather than buy a new jacket I've got an old green lined ski jacket I'll use

Got three weeks to get stuff sorted so any advice gratefully received. Oh and how far is it from the car to where we'll be pitching up?

Ta chucks

John

You're in luck John, you've got options. You can go traditional bushcrafter look with a wool swandri top, preferably green paired with 5.11 trousers. Leather boots and leather hat a must! Only 3 weeks to grow a beard though so unless you already have one it could be the next option.

Full metal camo jacket paired with dpm trousers and combat boots...best to turn up 12 hours before anyone else then stay motionless for 12 hours after people arrive. You then score major points for jumping up out of nowhere all unexpected shouting 'it was good for Chesty Puller and it's good enough for me'.

Failing the above options, you could just wear what you already have. It works well, it just doesn't feel as official as the others. I kept turning up dressed as a different Village Person but nobody ever seemed to make the connection. Now I just wear whatever I feel like depending on the weather. Sometimes that consists of grubby cordura work trousers and work boots as I've gone straight there from my job. Nobody seems to mind.

It's about a 5 minute walk from the car if the path is impassable in a 2 wheel drive car. If it's dry you can park close to the woods. Hope to see you there if I can make it. It's a fairly laid back affair at White Rose, just turn up and be yourself.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
Only asked about the distance because up to now I"ve always set up my tent next to the bike and could lock valuables in the panniers when we ventured off to the pub or went walkabout. I won't leave the bike out of sight so guess I'll be in the car.

Guess it will be like motorcycle adventuring. Every camp I did I found something that someone else had or a method they used and then went and bought it or copied it on my next camp. Difference is we set up and toured from a base or moved from site to site and my kit is suited to that kind of style but this is my first foray into bushcraft so I'm on day 1 of a new journey
:D

Last edited:

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Dont worry about clothing too much for this meet.
As long as you can keep warm and your feet dry, most of the time is spent round the communal fire anyway.
Parking will be a nightmare unless it dries out over then next few weeks (lmao)
Best bet is to park at the cafe and walk in, only 5 min or less. i
I can post a pic of the path to follow from the cafe if you want.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
All

I'm gonna wear what I've got (Trojan Lites, canvas trousers, ski jacket) and hear what you guys advise round the camp fire. Will buy some gaiters beforehand though to go over boots and trouser bottoms

Cheers

John

wandering1

Nomad
Aug 21, 2014
Staffordshire
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.[/COLOR]

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
RE8ELD0G
Hubs(TBC)
Andrew059
XRV John (TBC)
Glen, will be a little more lightweight this meet due to having bought "another" tent

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2015
Durham
·Dogs must be fully trained to bury thier own foul and burn any tissue paper used, just curling one out and giving it a little sniff before walking off looking pleased is not acceptable.

THIS made me laugh out loud! :lmao:

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
[h=2][/h]
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.[/COLOR]

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
RE8ELD0G
Hubs(TBC)
Andrew059
XRV John (TBC)
Glen, will be a little more lightweight this meet due to having bought "another" tent
Sasquatch & Joseph TBC

Hoping to make this, looking forward to it already

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE