White Rose Wood 19TH to 21ST September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
White Rose Wood Meet dates are from: 19TH to 21ST September 2014
Location : Behind the Super sausage cafe' on Moorend road, Potterspury, NN12 7QD

It's the wood on its own between Potterspury and Yardly Gobion on the left.

Parking is located about a half mile off the main road on the tight right hand bend, gate to left.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please read the following before adding your name to the list:

Prices are per person per night
·Adults £5
Children up to age of 18 Free [must be supervised by someone over 18]
·This is non-profit making, once the rent and insurance are covered any further funds are used to improve facilities or donated to a charity chosen by the group.

This venue is offered for family bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu demo's may happen!

All drinking water is bought in bottled so please dont waste it, if you can bring a few litres please do, bottles can be filled at the local cafe'. There are now toilet facilities a long drop witch is screened off from view for you privacy, please burn used toilet paper in the burn ditch provided. or if you fancy treating yourself you could walk to the super sausage, have a "quality dump" followed by a full english and a fresh mug of tea.

Dogs are welcome until the owner says different.

Rules for dog owners are:
·Dogs to be kept by owners side or, on leads at all times when in the woods.
·Any fighting between dogs you may be asked not to bring them again – continual problems and your dog will not be welcome back.
·Any snapping or snarling won’t be tolerated at all so make sure your dog is dog friendly.
·Any dog that constantly barks or, makes too much noise and where there has been cause for complaints, your dog will not be welcome back.
·Dogs must be fully trained to bury thier own foul and burn any tissue paper used, just curling one out and giving it a little sniff before walking off looking pleased is not acceptable.

Parents/Guardians:

You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
·Please keep an eye on your children in the communal area and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
We incourage the safe use of sharps, please make sure all carving and like is supervised.
·Please ensure that your children are in bed or at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during this period.

Fires:

·The only ground fire that we can have is in the communal area.
·All other wood (or wood type) fires must be raised so no scaring occures.
·Due to limited fuel, fires must be kept small, don't waste what we have!
·Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around

Rubbish:
·There are no refuse facilities on site.
·You bring it in, you take it away.
.There is never to be a communal rubbish bin.

Please remember to burn your toilet paper!!!!

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice one Karl. :)

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of post one and the above.

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
MartinK9 (TBC)

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
MartinK9 (TBC)
Hubs
Nephilim and Family (TBC - need to check with Mrs) - Shouldn't be too bad for us as all we do is just go up the A5 the whole way, but will see what she says.

Last edited:

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
MartinK9 (TBC)
Hubs
Nephilim and Family (TBC - need to check with Mrs) - Shouldn't be too bad for us as all we do is just go up the A5 the whole way, but will see what she says.
Tank (& Noah TBC)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Going to have to drop out of this one Gents.:(

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
Hubs
Nephilim and Family (TBC)
Tank (& Noah TBC)

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Alas I shall also drop out. Mrs has plans for us to go to Whittlebury hall that weekend (nice of her to let me know before hand!)

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
Hubs
Tank (& Noah TBC)

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Hoping to make this one, I'd have Joseph with me. I'll repost nearer the time when I know for sure. Cheers Karl...

pieinthesky

Forager
Jun 29, 2014
Northants
Not sure, but would like to get there for at least one night.

Karl
Alex and family (TBC)
Hubs
Tank (& Noah TBC)
pieinthesky (TBC) + Daughter maybe

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
Sadly this clashes with a trip to Verdun so see you next time
Alan

Karl

Alex and family (TBC)

Hubs

Tank (& Noah TBC)

Last edited:

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
We will certainly be there from Friday and we have friends also coming, should be a good weekend.

Karl

Scrumpy + wife, + 2 grubby faced ferral kids

Mack + wife + 2 slightly cleaner faced kids, both ferral.

Hubs

Tank (& Noah TBC)

Meadow + dad (sat night only)

Hey Nephilim, why not pop in and say hello, we are less than 10 mins drive from Whittlebury hall, I should know as I live in Whittlebury! Even if you can only spare a half hour just pop in for a cuppa, would be nice to see some new faces.

Scrumpy

Forager
Mar 18, 2008
Silverstone
www.predatorsport.co.uk
I will also be showing off my new hammock and tarp setup, less than 800g all in, packs down to about the size of a 1 litre bottle and can be made in an afternoon with just the use of a pair of scissors and a sewing machine, all the parts are available on eBay and the total cost is about £15. I'm working on an underblanket to go with this design, the weight will be at least another 250g and I doubt there will be change from a fiver, I'll have the full costings ready for the weekend.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Due a work I am definately not free to paly for a while and got to stay close to work so will not be out for a while :( Novemebr looks like my next meet or time I will be around. Got to play on Salisbury plain instead.

MJM1

Forager
Feb 2, 2011
Stourbridge
Karl

Scrumpy + wife, + 2 grubby faced ferral kids

Mack + wife + 2 slightly cleaner faced kids, both ferral.

Hubs

Tank (& Noah TBC)

Meadow + dad (sat night only)

MJM1

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE