whistles from yarrow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
does anyne else make these. you use a nice fresh section of yarrow with a node at one end. make a slit near the node (longder slit deeper note) and bow into it. just a bit of fun that kids can do with out any trouble. you need a very sharpe knife to make the slit. this was one of the first things i was shown how to do in a bushcraft type theme.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Yep ... but I've mainly used budlia stems (plenty growing around!). Fun trick!

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
hmmm, First catch your mouse.....

Thanks Viking, lots of Sallow near me so I'll give it a go, I've still got that old Scottish respect for Rowan so won't be cutting that thank you very much.....

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Viking that type of whisle we would call a poachers whistle and make out of Willow or sweet chestnut maybe.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Thanks Nod.....I was interested in this thread but hadn't quite grasped it until I checked the link.

Plenty of Rowan around here (incidentally Rowan is the plant badge of Clan McEwan- my clan, so I'm not superstitious about cutting a bit of it!). Think I'll give it a go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE