Whilst on my recent trip into the Scottish Highlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Aye aye folks I hope you're all having a good morning, I am slowly but surely trying to catch up on my video and trip reporting back log, at the same time though i don't want to always be sharing stuff I done six months ago all the time (this is about my current backlog), so with that in mind i thought i should share something from my most recent adventure with some media from the recent trip into the Scottish highlands before sharing some from past times

I shared loads of great pictures on here last week from this trip and i just finished editing and uploading some video of me and my buddy Steve paddling his canoe out of Loch Etive against the tide and the wind loaded with every bodies kit, it was a bit of a hair raising paddle at times but i've been in waters like that before fully loaded in a much smaller craft so i knew what was needed of me to stay alive and that was paddle like you were born to it, brilliant end to the gathering, i've loads more stuff to come from the Scottish trip, editing some great stuff but needed a break so thought i'd get some stuff uploaded and shared.

Music in the video is from the amazing Scottish band Clanadonia, I hope they don't mind me using their music as it is purely for fandom non profit basis sharing their music and spirit with a different audience and it is the most fitting I could think of to go with the stunning Scottish highland scenes in the video, there are 2 tracks used first one is Tu-Bardh and the second is Hamsterheid, massive respect I make no profit in the use of these tracks, i am not selling anything or promoting any products, check out Clanadonia in a search here on Youtube and see how awesome they are live right in the streets of Scotland right up in your face, love it.

The video is just over 7 minutes long and there is a 1 minute taster trailer on the Instagram, you can find the link in my signature if you want to check that out first

[video=youtube_share;9aLwcw_IGcU]https://youtu.be/9aLwcw_IGcU[/video]

Last edited:

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Many lochs are freshwater, the deep ones still can get ocean like in the middle in bad weather but sticking to the coast and knowing when to hit the beach and you're sound, the tidal sea lochs definitely demand respect and the ones on the west coast get their water sucked out and pumped in by the Atlantic Ocean and i reckon anyone could easy end up in the Atlantic if they got caught out and fatigued in the middle of fighting against the tide before they could get to the shoreline especially the ones with a bottleneck mouth as the water speeds up tenfold as it squeezes through

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE