which way to hang?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagnu

May 12, 2014
Oxford
I've just dug my modified frontline out of winter hibernation but can't remember how I hung it before.

It's got a karabiner mod then a single 5m strand of tape from the krab. What way should I tie it to the tree??

Cheers for any help!

Ks0090

https://www.flickr.com/photos/100491994@N05/shares/n51200

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
If the crab is at the hammock end (as it sounds) then i'd go around the tree with the tape and then back to the crab for adjustment.....at least thats what i do with steel rings and tapes

*edit
Looks like you posted a pic thats not loading for me so i might be way off lol

Imagnu

May 12, 2014
Oxford
Cheers sunndog, yes you're right - I prob haven't loaded the photo right. I was thinking the same then tie off at the krab.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I see the pic now mate. yep around the tree and back to the crab......5mtrs isnt a lot of tape though dude. You will have to pic yer spot with care

Imagnu

May 12, 2014
Oxford
True. I guess if it came to it I could tie off at the tree end instead. Time to get the whole whoopie setup maybe!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Whoopie slings are good to be fair. (except in the tropics) big weight and bulk saving over tapes, saves a couple of knots too
the DD ones are a good price and their superlight crabs (DMM) are awsome

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Any more info on those mate.....not sure i'v seen em before
https://www.dutchwaregear.com/sale/#/product/51

Here's the setup (although you can make do with just the long straps and buckles however the clips make setup so easy.)

I believe Dutch has also Produced his own titanium cinch buckles now too.

I sourced my very own really long straps as I have often found myself faced with very large diameter trees.

The buckles slide down the strap and connect directly to a loop of dyneema larksheaded directly through the hammock channel.

Goes up really quick as you just clip the straps around the tree. Adjust the buckles and you're done.

M

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
https://www.dutchwaregear.com/sale/#/product/51

Here's the setup (although you can make do with just the long straps and buckles however the clips make setup so easy.)

I believe Dutch has also Produced his own titanium cinch buckles now too.

I sourced my very own really long straps as I have often found myself faced with very large diameter trees.

The buckles slide down the strap and connect directly to a loop of dyneema larksheaded directly through the hammock channel.

Goes up really quick as you just clip the straps around the tree. Adjust the buckles and you're done.

M

Cheers for that

I'd seen the dutch hooks before but not the whole cinch buckle set up.....looks a good option between whoopie slings (lightweight) and tapes (durable)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE