Which smock?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
I'm looking for a smock that's windproof and waterproof, but less than £100. Years ago in the army I had a buffalo shirt that did the trick, but wanted to see what else is out there. I've seen the Ridgeline pintail smock, but this has some issues. Any other ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
So Buffalo shirts still leading the way huh? Need one that's windproof and waterproof.

With pit zips , long scoops that are zipped , silent fleece , detatchable hood , great hood adjustment for optimum vision.oh and a limited lifetime warranty......what size are you ? I could be pushed down to a ton via bank transfer for my smock....

eggs shouldn't dance with stones.....

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
With pit zips , long scoops that are zipped , silent fleece , detatchable hood , great hood adjustment for optimum vision.oh and a limited lifetime warranty......what size are you ? I could be pushed down to a ton via bank transfer for my smock....

eggs shouldn't dance with stones.....

What's the smock?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Which Paramo do you use with the buffalo? Does it improve the water proofness?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I have to ask, does the Zparent Green Tapatalk make you use the signature?

I've not had buffalo since the 90's but they were well made.

Sent tonight from my MS Surface Pro

Frosty11

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2013
County Durham
Does anyone have any further ideas? So far it's Paramo, Buffalo and Ridgeline.

Paramo 's wind and waterproof smocks are around £150+ and I think that's the same for Buffalo too. The Ridgeline smock could be the choice at around £75 it's making sense.

"Lt. Dan..... you got new legs!"

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
You can pick up buffalo mountain shirts for around £90 on the internet and special 6 shirts for about £100. I have both a buffalo mountain shirt and a snugpak version and both are great.
the snugpak cost me £70 but you can def tell the quality difference between the 2 smocks. The buffalo is far superior!

buffalo smocks aren't waterproof but they will dry out very quickly if you are moving about generating heat. There are vids of people submerging themselves in lakes wearing them and then getting dried out fairly quickly. I think i remember one of the more famous members on here; john fenna doing a review of these in the distant past when they first came onto the market.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE