Which Smart Phone

markie*mark0

Settler
Sep 21, 2010
warrington
Seems that all the new smart phones will be 4g compatable. So it's just down to way individual phone.

the htc can connect to TV's wirelessly so I've read? Is this any good or is it cumbersome? How about the Samsung? I have 2 Samsung TV's.... Can the Samsung phone connect to these?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Seems that all the new smart phones will be 4g compatable. So it's just down to way individual phone.

the htc can connect to TV's wirelessly so I've read? Is this any good or is it cumbersome? How about the Samsung? I have 2 Samsung TV's.... Can the Samsung phone connect to these?

They are require a separate wireless device to be able to connect to a TV. Some of the VERY modern TV`s have this built in.

This kind of thing http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-H200-Media-Wireless-Adaptor/dp/B007IYHH3Y

The way i see it and we did have a poll recently somewhere, if you want to be able to change the battery the Samsung is the way to go. If you want something lighter slimmer and better looking then the HTC one X, the HTC interface on android I find better than the S3. But I am bias having been a HTC user for years.

Last edited:

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
The galaxy nexus has wifi display. Meaning you can wirelessly mirror what's on the phone to the screen. You'll need a TV that supports wifi direct for this.
Also a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse can be used with the phone, you get the curser on screen allowing you yo use it as a teeny weeny PC.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I use an LG app on my iphone to control my Blu-ray player wirelessly through bt home hub.

It is a lot easier than the remote for searching and general use too anywhere in the house. Also smart LG tv and blu-ray has youtube which can also be controlled by the iphone when paired up. This is soo much better than trying to search out with the remote control keypad too. I just view what I want on my iphone/youtube account save it as a favourite and then view it though the TV in HD and full surround if available.

Pretty sure android phones have an app for smart TV's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE