Which Mora?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
I have an orange Clipper and a recently purchased 510 from Woodlore, both superb but the 510 with the carbon steel blade takes and keeps a scary sharp edge with an occasional light strop, but bear in mind that it has a slightly shorter, and differently designed handle if you have largish sized hands.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I also like it's basic sheath, people have complained about it but it works. I cut off the unusable belt loop and tightly wrapped cord around the mid section to make a real belt loop but it keeps the knife in and safe.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Ditto with the belt loop Samon,a complete waste of time,cuts clean off with sharp scissors or a Stanley knife. Also i have found that the knife did not seem to hold with much friction in the sheath but if i pushed it downwards really hard the shape of the sheath altered very slightly and the knife now locks in place very effectively.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
It is easier to cast a spark with the carbon steel models. Contrary to some mythology, it is possible to do so with the stainless models as well but harder. It is also harder to rough up the back of the stainless models to make them better sparkers.

Another vote for the new Woodlore model. "Bushcraft" model is also good but the "marketing" is reflected in the price and and its not that much better than the basic Clipper.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE