Which hammock do you have

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I have a Asym Hennessy Explorer with the large tarp and the good old DD hammock. They both have thier pro's and con's which have been tackled many times on this forum. There are many other variations of hammock out there (Speers, Paradise, Clarke, Travelpod, and so on) and would suggest using the search facility.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
I've got the same as lardbloke, with snakesnins on the Hennessy. I quite like the DD hammock too. It's a little short for me, but a useful little hammock. I don't know how it compares the group buy hammocks.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I forgot about the snakeskins. They are an invaluable tool for the Hennessy. Has anyone tried the automatic line tensioners yet?? I suppose you could make your own out of pop bottles quite easily?

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Blimey....I have several.....

Hennessy (great bit of kit)
Group buy (on it's way) (mossi net to follow)
Army Issue (limited value)
Thai double skinned (a bit short but fits in pocket)
Silk double hammock (plenty of room for two ;) )
Cotton double hammock (as above but heavier)
Cotton side on hammock (very comfy for reading in)
Mini-mini mesh hammock (just big enough to hold my bergan, slung under my proper hammock to keep kit off the floor)

Funny thing is that apart from the trip I just did back to Sweden with Bearclaw bushcraft when the hennessy was perfect as it kept the biting bugs out and kept me up off the sloping rocky lake shore, I have been drifting back to sleeping on the floor in the last year or so....as I said to some friends the other day; it's all well and good sleeping in a nice swinging comfy bed but there's something very special about getting back to basics and just dozing off and sleeping next to the camp fire.

Hope that's of interest to you :)

Bam. :D

Reactions: Phil562

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
I've got:
Hennessy Explorer ultralight
Speer hammock
Homemade thai hammock x2
Synthetic filled "Warmhammock"
Down filled "Warmhammock"
Risk's test hammock
Crappy net hammock

erm... think that's about it. My favourite by far is the down filled warmhammock. There will be no need to set up my underquilt. It will be properly christened in exactly a week.

Toots

Aug 22, 2005
Sutton in Craven, North Yorkshire
I have a HH explorer with skins on (very comfy but need a bigger tarp though). Also have on order a nomad travel hammock as they came highly reccomended by Mike Rushton at Tamarack whilst on a course. Wasn't exactly expensive at 20 quid or so and I do like new toys!! Will let you know what its like when it arrives and I've tried it.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
A HH Expedition
A Paradise hammock
and a couple :rolleyes: of group buy ones.

I loved the HH but did not like th feeling of the enclosed-ness of the netting so got the Paradise Hammock, after that I found the source for the group buy ones and well after that you know what happened.

Now I mostly use the group buy ones but still occasionally use the paradise one as it is longer. The HH only gets used as a loaner but it is still a great hammock.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
In order of preference, not price:)

Pyramid Ray Mears Eco Sleep System - Very comfortable!
Mosquito Hammmock, Expedition model - Easy to set up and net built in
M1966 US Army hammock - Way too narrow but has some good features

I think I am done buying hammocks for awhile :) Besides, I live in the desert nowadays! Cheers!

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I've got a DD hammock - don't think anyone else has mentioned 'em, but I'm sure they're out there. Thai-style double-skinned, off eBay.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Currently have three, although that will be reduced to two soon.

DD Hammock
Group Buy hammock
An nice little cammo hammock with built in mozzy net and fly

Moduser

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE