Which Gilet?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Do any of you wear a gilet?
A waistcoat made from wool or animal hide?
I was thinking of getting a lambskin gilet, with sheepskin on the inside and a leather/suede outer.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I have a couple of Filson. Fantastic, 24oz wool, i often wear them under my shirt/sweater. They look smart when worn on top.
Would love a sheepskin gilet, but will wait untill summer, because they aint cheap.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Ive just bought this one. Its brand new, but Im still not sure about them.... I'll see when it arrives.

$_57.JPG

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
That is very nice. Im sure you will be impressed. They add, serious warmth without affecting your maneuverability.
I seen a lovely, very thick gilet, in Betws y coed, not long ago.. Definitely on my wish list

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
I have a few but none are of natural materials. They do aid manoeuvrability big time and add a little warmth where needed. Wouldn't be without one

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have a few but none are of natural materials. They do aid manoeuvrability big time and add a little warmth where needed. Wouldn't be without one

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

I reckon I'll feel a bit too eccentric in mine, having said that, will match my brown felt akubra cattleman hat, and aid my manoeuvrability when fly fishing. Can get cold standing in a river.

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I have a filson wool vest and would recommend them. Very well made, although I believe the newer ones are slightly lighter.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I have a couple which I use regularly but they are from man made materials which are windproof and water resistant. Ideal for trekking and hillwalking when a full jacket would be too hot. I do fancy a nice posh one for posing about in the woods though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE