Which army doss bag is this ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Well, it looks like my pattern 58 "Maggot", complete with horrid nylon liner, which is down filled, snuggly warm but a bit heavy. I don't know if the syntetic ones look any different though.

Dave

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I concur it's not 58 patt nor is it the old Down filled arctic bag nor any of the new bags out of CQC..

Looks like the quilting on those old German Sleeping bag jacket things... Nasty....

MartiniDave

Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Sorry, I didn't look closely enough, its actually nothing like my Pattern 58! Guess it's really much too long since I got out and used it.

Dave

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Judging by the stitching all over it I reackon it is likely to be synthetic. The pockets formed between the stitching don't look large enough to get the down to loft well enough if it were down. Either way if it is stitched through and not box wall construction that is a heck of a lot of cold spots created by the stitch lines.

Not sure but it looks like a either a Dutch or possibly Swiss Carynthia made military bag. Certainly Euorpean.

Carynthia at one time had the market for European army sleeping bags. The design is pretty common among many European countries and so does the fill weight. I'm sure it's synthetic.

WS

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
It's definitely a German army synthetic sleeping bag. It replaced the one with the arms around the early 1990s.

It would be suitable for summer use in the UK, but it's not made to the same high quality of most German army gear. The current synthetic and 58 pattern British army bags would be a better buy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE