Whet stone holder (Ray mears)

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
All,

I have seen Our good friend "Ray" using a green sealable plastic container to hold a cut down wnet stone in one of his programs,

any Ideas where I can get one?

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
oops! :eek: - just read your post properly! -

I have i think - hold on a mo - i'll look for it!

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
LOL no worries mate!

I have one of the non slip holders you linked to, they are verry good!

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Those little pots from Strikeforce are excellent for carrying all kinds of kit. I use them for tinder, for firesteel and flint (with char-cloth inside in an old snuff tin) and stuff like that. One thing I think worth saying is this... Don't use one for your first aid kit unless you mark it as such very clearly . You might be the one in need of first aid, unable to dig it out of your bag alone and call on someone else to get it for you. "It's in a little green plastic pot!" you tell them (having taken up the offer of 6 pots for a tenner), and they return with your sharpening kit! Second attempt at finding it, they come to your aid with a pot full of tinder... etc etc.
First Aid Kits should be very clearly marked and easy to identify and find (i.e NOT stored at the bottom of your pack beneath sleeping kit, billy cans, food, spare pants etc) Been there, done that... :rolleyes: :eek:

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Longstrider said:
Those little pots from Strikeforce are excellent for carrying all kinds of kit. I use them for tinder, for firesteel and flint (with char-cloth inside in an old snuff tin) and stuff like that. One thing I think worth saying is this... Don't use one for your first aid kit unless you mark it as such very clearly . You might be the one in need of first aid, unable to dig it out of your bag alone and call on someone else to get it for you. "It's in a little green plastic pot!" you tell them (having taken up the offer of 6 pots for a tenner), and they return with your sharpening kit! Second attempt at finding it, they come to your aid with a pot full of tinder... etc etc.
First Aid Kits should be very clearly marked and easy to identify and find (i.e NOT stored at the bottom of your pack beneath sleeping kit, billy cans, food, spare pants etc) Been there, done that... :rolleyes: :eek:

Sound advice!

my 6 arrived yesterday! ;)

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Andrew Middleton said:
I bought a few of them , but I am disappointed that they are not waterproof as claimed.

Noted that!

I have not tryed them out and about but there is no seal as such, and I wondered about the validity of there water tightness

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
My original intention was to carry a cut down combination water stone plus the water, so that it was already soaked when I needed it. However, the stone dried out as the rest of my pack got wet!

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I don't have any of these though have though about it (cheaper than an Otter box) but if they're not waterproof :eek:

I was under the impression that there was a rubber seal inside the lid groove. Is this not the case?

Moduser

swamp donkey

Forager
Jun 25, 2005
uk
I have some from pervious service they are not water tight,
I use little clear clip containers from matalan at £1/ £1.5 each bargain.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE