Where you came from, where you are?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Where are you from, where are you now?

• Born UK/Ireland, living UK/Ireland

Votes: 49 68.1%
  • Born UK/Ireland, living elsewhere

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Born outside UK/Ireland, living in your birth country

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Born outside UK/Ireland, living outside your birth country

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Born outside UK/Ireland, now living in UK

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
So I can't help but notice that this UK-based board seems quite international, so where are you from and where are you now?

Born UK/Ireland, living UK/Ireland?
Born UK/Ireland, living elsewhere?
Born outside UK/Ireland, living in your birth country?
Born outside UK/Ireland, living outside your birth country?

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Quite a difficult question to answer for me, I was born in England but now live in Cornwall, most of people I have known here resent being called English. Lived here 38 years off and on and am still regarded as a foreigner.:dunno:

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Born in the State of IOWA, which is part of the United States of America.

Except for 2 years away at college and a couple years "working" at assorted "jobs", I've lived mostly within 50 miles of where I was born and raised.

Travel/work in foriegn countries? Does Wisconsin count?

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Born in Fort Worth Texas, moved to England when I was 9 and stayed here ever since. May have lived in England for 38 years but I'm still an American citizen :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I still live in the village my father was born in, about 2 miles from the one where my mother was born.
I was born, grew up, married and have lived within an area of less than four miles square all my life. Travelled from here daily to University in Glasgow. It's just home.
Now I travel the length and breadth of the country for work, but I'm always glad to get back.

cheers,
Toddy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Quite a difficult question to answer for me, I was born in England but now live in Cornwall, most of people I have known here resent being called English. Lived here 38 years off and on and am still regarded as a foreigner.:dunno:

Born in South Africa, live in Cornwall (I'm still not a local either!!):D

Hmmmm so what's the criteria for being Cornish?

I only ask as my my Great-great Grandfather moved there in about 1880 as an artist in Newlyn. He then had children there one of which had further children there, one of which was my grandmother. So I've got 2 generations of ancestors who were born there.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
Hmmmm so what's the criteria for being Cornish?

I only ask as my my Great-great Grandfather moved there in about 1880 as an artist in Newlyn. He then had children there one of which had further children there, one of which was my grandmother. So I've got 2 generations of ancestors who were born there.

Sorry Mesquite I don't think they'll qualify, there's a lad comes down here quite regularly owns quite a bit of it, his family have held it for about 700 years and they still call him the visitor.:notworthy

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, moved to South Africa, Moved back to Newcastle upon Tyne, moved to Staffordshire and I am in Cheshire at the moment.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I still live in the village my father was born in, about 2 miles from the one where my mother was born.
I was born, grew up, married and have lived within an area of less than four miles square all my life. Travelled from here daily to University in Glasgow. It's just home.
Now I travel the length and breadth of the country for work, but I'm always glad to get back.

cheers,
Toddy

Same with me, i live a few minutes walk from where my parents were born, though I recently moved to swallownest in sheffield,some 40 miles away (im only half moved over as of yet) it turns out that my surname dearnley is from this area and when I looked at my family tree, most of my ancestors going back to the 1700s lived and died in this area. My great grandfather was killed in a coal mine not far from here.

Pantalaimon

Forager
May 19, 2008
Utrecht, Netherlands
I'm born 20 years ago in The Netherlands, and still live there. But I probably don't stay here. Though I love the Netherlands, and the unique things of it, it's too crowdy and there's not many nature.

a12jpm

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 15, 2008
Perthshire
Born stirling (central scotland) left at age 17 to see the world.

Got as far as Newcastle, then Gloucester, then Aberdare ( s.wales) then Bovey Tracey (devon). Then after 6 years of mucking aroud came back to Scotland and now live about 7 miles from where i was born. Sorry not very exciting but did discover the wonders of peese pudding on the way - yummy!

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Born and raised in cornwall. moved to Cardiff over 3 years ago and must say that i really like it! will still retire in cornwall i think. its afew years away yet though:(

Dan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE