Where to leave your car

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 31, 2015
southampton
Hi everyone

I am considering going wild camping with my sons a little further afield.

In the past we have hiked with packs but at ages 5 and 10 we can only cover about 5 miles which limets me to location.

I live relatively close to the New Forest, the problem lies with what to do with my car, a car stands out a bit on its own in a new forest car park.... appart from security it would draw attention to the rangers and police. I could get my wife to drop off here as it is not to far.

But I am thinking of perhaps heading as far as Dartmoor for a couple of days and wonder what anyone does with their vehicles??? When camping far from home?

Thanks Mark

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
There are plenty of places you can leave your car safely on Dartmoor, basically you leave it by a public house, let the landlord know how long you are going to be, just in case you get into trouble he will raise the alarm, eg Postbridge, you can check places out on google maps.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'd agree... best place is a pub. You can try an average street, but the chances are you're parking where the residents usually park... can lead to problems. Quiet word with the landlord of the local... worst case scenario, you have to 'rent' the parking spot while you're off in the woods.

Another good spot is local farms... again, approach the farmer and ask. Lots of farms have public footpaths passing nearby and space to park up, so it's a logical place.

Bonus is, if you manage to injure yourself whilst out and about, don't return to your car when you said you would, the landlord/farmer may well raise the alarm... on the other hand, they may not and cash the car in for scrap. You takes your chances :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE