where to get this wood ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

spirit-bear

I'm trying to find somwhere to get some laminate wood to have a go at making a stock for my air rifle, all i can seem to get from google is laminate flooring suppliers.

does anybody know of any suppliers of coloured laminate wood on the internet ?

many thanks :canoe:

crimsonred

Mar 20, 2010
shropshire
hi, i took my fireplace out last year and the mantle was made out of this strange exotic wood. the houses were made in the 60's and i have left the wood outside for the past year and a half. it has not warped, in fact it still looks like newly out. it is heavy as well. i used the bottom end to test my wh hw97k so it has a few pellet ends in it. however there is plenty of unmarked wood left to make a stock out of. it is 32mm thick so it would have to be glued together to give it the right working thickness for stock making.2402mmwide and maybe about 6ft long.i wanted to use it myself, but the cost of tools needed was too high to make the project viable. if you want to have a little sample of it then i can send you maybe a 100 x 100mm piece so you can see if its suitable. if you like it then you can have it , you pay postage costs only.this is a hardwood, but i've got no idea what kind.

S

spirit-bear

Thanks for all the replys guys, your help is appreaciated,

Crimsonred- thats a very kind offer from you for the wood but i am after a specific type of wood and have spied a colour that i like so would like to try and find it if possible. but thank you very much for your offer :)

FGYT- thats the stuff im after i see that site which is what made me want to get that wood, suppose i could try emailing and seeing if they would sell me a blank lump of the wood to do myself... on there colour page its the tigerwood that i want mmmm lovely..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE