where to get replacement tent poles?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
I have searched hi and low for a piece of 7006 alloy 9mm outer diameter replacement pole section, but can't find any at all. Have even contacted Robens, the maker, to no avail. Some of their newer tents still use the correct sized pole, but cannot find any spare sections anywhere.
Do any of you know where I might find what I seek? The tent is a robens fortress, three men tent and is 10 year old. Other than a snapped pole section (nephew swinging on it) the tent has no faults and I would like to put it back into use.
Any help would be greatly received.

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
Thanks, but already searched there. Why is 9mm so hard to find??? Do you reckon I could get away with a 9.5 or an 8.5mm without either a really tight or loose fit?

Marco1981

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 18, 2011
Orkney
Found somewhere called Shelby in Finland which sells single sections of 9mm dac poles it 400mm long for anybody else who has the same problem.

cwgp2

Feb 16, 2014
Wales
I have searched hi and low for a piece of 7006 alloy 9mm outer diameter replacement pole section, but can't find any at all. Have even contacted Robens, the maker, to no avail. Some of their newer tents still use the correct sized pole, but cannot find any spare sections anywhere.
Do any of you know where I might find what I seek? The tent is a robens fortress, three men tent and is 10 year old. Other than a snapped pole section (nephew swinging on it) the tent has no faults and I would like to put it back into use.
Any help would be greatly received.

Hi,
I too need replacement poles for my Robens Fortress 3, as I took mine camping in high winds a few weeks ago and the wind bent them. Did you find replacement poles in the end? If so, please could you tell me which company you used? I've been searching too.
Many thanks.

Penny Stirling

Aug 1, 2017
the Mendips
I have recently bought a second hand robens fortress, but it leaks really badly along the seams. The poles are perfect though. I'm wondering whether seam sealer will save it, or whether to offer you my poles for sale.

Penny Stirling

Aug 1, 2017
the Mendips
I have recently bought a second hand 10 yr old robens fortress. The outer tent leaks everywhere there's a seam. The poles, however are perfect. I can offer you the poles for the price of the whole tent, which was £40 and get myself a new one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE