Where to get... conveyor belt material?

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
There are thousands of types Leo, an idea of what you intend to do with it might help.

I used to work in a factory that used miles of all sorts of it - getting friendly with someone who works anywhere that uses it would be a starting point as my old place was constantly changing and throwing out loads of it.

HTH

Ogri the trog

There are thousands of types Leo, an idea of what you intend to do with it might help.

I used to work in a factory that used miles of all sorts of it - getting friendly with someone who works anywhere that uses it would be a starting point as my old place was constantly changing and throwing out loads of it.

HTH

Ogri the trog

Thanks OTT,

It is after some advice from robin wood to drive a pole lathe for some bowl turning. I presume similar in profile to a leather strap, so 3-4mm thick, it would need to be cut in to thin strips. In his opinion it was the most durable and best option for long term use... I didn't know even where to start looking!

Leo

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
How long?I *might* be able to help.
I have reel of old super tough canvas coveyer belt, 3-4mm thick..thing is its about 10in wide!

Sorry Kerne I obviously didn't subscribe to this thread! Car seat belts are a bit too slippery and wouldn't give enough friction to drive the lathe, liking your thinking though.

I suppose a running machine belt might be plausible... or a long flat drive belt... any thoughts on where to get one! please?

Leo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE