Where to get a workbench?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
old drawer packs or kitchen units are allways a favourite, worktops are ideal and easy to get hold of as mentioned. you can also hinge to the wall so you can fold it away when not needed.

depends on whether you want a flat space to make stuff on or just room to spread out and tinker.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
You can just about see my bench under the tools n rubbish :eek:
Same construction as mentioned here.
IMAG0030.jpg

pallet main struts on the heavy duty ones are 3x 4 ish and great to make frames
with simple lap joints ie 2 verticals with a top cross member and an other at half way

thses are made up for however many you need i use 3 to 4 ft as a spacing for heavy use

then scafold boards for a top 3 deep is 27" (9 each) you can then top with a full sheet of 3/4" ply and for real durability 18swg steel or stainless if your flush
mine had a shelf of planks on the lower cross member but you could fit cupboards or units etc theres a freezer at one end :rolleyes: for over flow from the house one

a big old Vice fitted near one of the leg frames

remember to cut the legs long so you an level as you fit front and back
and i also fitted a 2x 4 batton on the walls between the leg frames

ATB

Duncan

kimbo

Nomad
Feb 21, 2006
Kent
Thankyou so much for all your help guys, I'll definately be having a stab at making one myself......and when that goes pear shaped, off to TOOLBOX.COM I go!! hahahah

Cheers,

Kim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE