where to get a starter bushcraft blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 5, 2012
carlisle
hello guys i have been looking in to getting a starter bushcraft blade but they all seem to be way out my price range i joined this forum 2 years ago but since i shortly after my gf gave birth to my little man my life has been just surrounding him but i want to start getting into bushcraft and to teach him

i have all ways gone camping fishing and been an outdoors kid i just want to start again and get my son involved

just funds are tight being a single dad

thanks guys all help and info would be appreciated

yours truly liam

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi Liam, Mountain is dead right, both the Hultafors and Mora Clipper are excellent bits of kit which are used by even experienced bushcrafters. If you can spare a little more cash you could upgrade to the Mora Heavy Duty (HD) or a Whitby Sheath Knife.

Just a thought...why not post a wanted ad in the classifieds section explaining the circumstances? See what bites.

Nov 5, 2012
carlisle
hey guys thankyou i appreciate it alot :) oh and taffinch would people not just see that as someone trying to get free stuff or try get the "feel sorry for me look" haha. and ill take a look at those knives thanks guys

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
>>> wanted and see if someone has a used knife for dirt cheap:)

He'd need to become a subscribing member to post a wanted ad in the classifieds ~ doing a swap through the Swap Shop would cost nothing (except, of course, a bit of time, effort, and P&P).

And, depending on what might be swapped, picking up a new Hultafors might be the cheaper option ;)

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hi Laim
We all had to start some where., normally on a tight budget to start. As the guys have said mora clipper or a hultafors hvk are cheap as chips and are used by most bushcrafters. Have a look at the gift it on thread too, knifes appear on it occasionally as do other bits of kit.
Bob
hey guys thankyou i appreciate it alot :) oh and taffinch would people not just see that as someone trying to get free stuff or try get the "feel sorry for me look" haha. and ill take a look at those knives thanks guys

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
This weekend I used both the new Damascus blade I got for my biday (£60 off Amazon UK) and my £6 Mora clipper. The mora was much easier to control and even though both are sharpened the same the thinner blade made it much easier to carve whistles, make a spork and carve a spatula. I watched others use some nice (dear) "Bushcraft" knives and all found the clipper easier to use.
BTW I also saw an email from Mora the other week where they have now put a minimum price on their knives as Clas Olsen was selling them for under £5 :(

Nov 5, 2012
carlisle
hey guys thanks for alk the great input i have found a guy willing to sell me a used karesuando boar knife for £20 i did some research and seen pics off his blade looks in great condition :) thank you everyone you all rock

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
Very good price for a great little knife that. Be careful though. Once you get one you'll want another, and then another and.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE