where to get a dremel?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I use 1.5mm drill bits for my stitching holes. The dremel really struggles to get through 10mm, it'll stop/jam up more times than not. Need to use 10,000 rpm to get it through, but then it burns the leather. Maybe i need a different drill bit, just using a HSS bit atm, which works perfectly in the pillar drill at 2000rpm.

Any suggestions on what drill bits work better for leather? I'm tempted to try the wood drill bits i've got in my Makita set, they are like mini augers. Not sure if they go down to the size i need though, cant remember exactly whats in there.

I just got a cheap box of HSS ones off amazon. I go really slow and don't push down (otherwise the drill snaps). But I've stopped using the dremel in favour of the finger drill.

Use these
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toolzone-20...8MX0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341563690&sr=8-1

Generally I use the 1mm.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I use a Black and Decker rechargeable screwdriver to drill through my leather. It comes with a 1 - 1.5 mm drill which is perfect. It doesn't have the functionality of the dremel type tools though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE