Where to find good leather?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
After making a first sheath I've decided it's something I'd really like to work on and improve at. Does anybody have any tips on where to find decent leather and what sort of price I should be looking to spend?

Thanks in anticipation guys,

Rab

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Hi there,
I've heard good things about Leprevo, they sell all sorts of leather related things.. and leather of course. I too am looking to source some leather for a knife in the making, a mora whose sheath is about to stop holding the knife and my bahco laplander. Due to lack of funds I havent ordered any yet though.
Give it a look: www.leprevo.co.uk

outdoorpaddy

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
if you guys are ever in Belfast there is a great shoe repair shop just off Botanic that will sell very good grade leather if you talk to the gentleman nicely, it's good because you can actually hold and feel the stuff before you buy.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
While on the point of leprevo, there are loads of different types of leather and I'm looking for sheath leather so which one would I go for?

3.5 veg tan - I get a half hide at a time - if you only want enough for a sheath I will let you have some - an A4 ish piece for £12 inc postage...plus a selection of threads :)

rmbriar

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2011
Bangor
if you guys are ever in Belfast there is a great shoe repair shop just off Botanic that will sell very good grade leather if you talk to the gentleman nicely, it's good because you can actually hold and feel the stuff before you buy.

That sounds like a good idea, knowing exactly what I'm getting :) Probably be heading in soon to pick up some new surplus gear and pipe goodies so I'll find that place thanks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE