Where to buy leather ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tedmagnum

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2006
Wirral
Hi there.

I'm looking for a website or online shop for shop for buying leather.

I want to try making some simple sheaths, holsters for knives, axes, tools that I have etc.

Just as a home hobby really.

I can't find anywhere where I live that stocks it or is prepared to look for it...

Also, can anyone educate me a little into what I should be looking for ? Tooling leather ?? 3-4mm stained hide ??

Thanks in advance, Ted

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I get most of my leather from Le Prevo:

http://www.leprevo.co.uk/

They have lots of special offers if you're just getting into leather work. They are also very helpful if you want to ring them and ask for advice.

3 -4 mm veg tanned shoulder is what you probably need, but Le Prevo tend to sell by the whole shoulder (£80 - £100+). If you only want to get started try picking up some offcuts. PM me and I'll see if I can send you some.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Are Clayton open to the public? I thought they were only trade, butif they have a shop then I'll be popping in.
Well they don't have a shop but if you walk in to reception and say you want to buy leather you can make a one off cash purchase. They give you a bit of paperwork and you go through to the ginormous storerooms, quite an experience. I thought it was still quite expensive but by the sounds of it they are very cheap my memory was that the two shoulders I bought were less than price Kerne was suggesting for one.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Well they don't have a shop but if you walk in to reception and say you want to buy leather you can make a one off cash purchase. They give you a bit of paperwork and you go through to the ginormous storerooms, quite an experience. I thought it was still quite expensive but by the sounds of it they are very cheap my memory was that the two shoulders I bought were less than price Kerne was suggesting for one.

Cool, will be popping in when I next journey down to see the folks....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE