Where to buy leather dye for my work gloves??

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
3,969
46
Britannia!
Yo, I have a pack of leather work gloves (like these https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/343821752773501203/?source=images) and would like to dye a pair dark brown.

I'm guessing these gloves have some kind of mild coating to protect them, if this is the case will normal leather dye penetrate?

And alas.. where is a good place to buy dye within the UK? eBay is doing my head in and I have never bought any before as I make my own.

Any help will be welcomed! So thanks in advance.
 
Walnut husks. Even if the leather is coated and your dye-job turns out blotchy, so much the better.
"Break-Up" camo is the standard here, next to ghillie coverings.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Billy-o

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE