Where to buy a fire steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
After being let down by some one who said they had a fire steel for me,ive left it a bit late to get one mail order for the weekend.Anyone know where i can buy one over the counter in central /east london area?Not Blacks or Millets( id probably have to sell a kidney).
Cheers
Tel

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Look in Yellow Pages for camping or something like that?

You probably still have time to get one from Amazon.

Or you could just use a lighter like normal people. :)

Caboose

Apr 7, 2011
uk
field and trek are sports direct's camping / outdoors store and this is where you'll find most of their stock go. Its Karrimor brand and they sell it for £3. Its not bad. I think a light my fire firesteel works better (although I've not had the pleasure of using one) But i've definately lit some fires with mine. Just make sure not to use the V at the tip of the striker as I found one of mine broke because the metal doesn't flex too well. The serated side is alright, but I find best results with the back of a knife.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Try Ray Mears.com order before 2pm for same day dispatch may be worth giving them a bell to see if they have stock.

Louis

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
John Fenna does a nice flint and steel set which he might be able to supply you with, if you just want a ferro rod then try the big camping stores and check the accessories dept for LMF goodies.

Right ive just been playing with my new toy &i can confirm that the striker is pony.It works a lot better with the serrated edge of a knife,problem being i only want to take one knife out with me, my Mora.Would it be viable to put a serrated edge on the back of the blade with a Dremmel or mini grinder?

Cheers
Tel

lkp6470

Aug 18, 2011
Somerset
Hi
I've just got my swedish firesteel from Ronnie Sunshine's (via Fleabay).
Arrived next day, works brilliantly (nearly set fire to the lounge carpet ;) ).
Also got some nice cast iron cookware, off topic, I know, but I get excited about new kit!!

Lee.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE