Where do you go to practise bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Slaphead

Nov 6, 2020
Bolton
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but the most of the land in the UK seems to be under private ownership. And I assume there are restrictions about what you can do in national parks.

As far as I know there are all sorts of rules about where you can pitch a tent, cut down wood and make a fire. And where would you be able to use a Mora knife with a four inch blade without getting into trouble?

So I just wondered what most members do. Do you join clubs and go on organised camps etc. Or are some of you lucky enough to live near areas where you have permission to do your bushcraft?

I know there are still a few wilderness areas around in the UK but they are not always convenient to get to.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Im lucky, a friend I grew up with owns a farm so I have use of some private land. There is a local area ive used in many forms since I was a kid. There are rules but they are not strictly enforced, more common sense and respect for the wildlife, land and other people. I dont usually need anything apart from a place to stay off the path so zero impact on the area.

This was discussed quite recently in a similar post. https://bushcraftuk.com/community/threads/how-do-i-know-where-it’s-ok-to-camp.156725/

The more info shared the better i reckon.

C_Claycomb

Mod
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire

:)

Reactions: Broch

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES

The price is £27 and you can pay via the paypal button below.