Where cani learn about knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Slf defence is aoways going to be a woory on a long trip.
Ive had addicts try and burgle me.
People are being stabbed daily atm, someone was shotin the face the othervday

All without doubt drug related and stress related.

Some of You guys probably go to camp sites or low population areas with no one about..
I have major citys to trek through.. and possibly late at night if i cant find camp

Ofcourse my safetys of concern.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Dwardo has clearly stated not only the law, but how bushcrafters perceive good behaviour.

What you are advocating is illegal, it is neither encouraged or condoned here.

This is the sticking point; you are not actually taking in the information given to you.

If you wish to discuss anarchy type scenarios then this is not the place for you.

Toddy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
No, I will have a blade for a means of survival.
See, you are making things up also.

Then it should be safely stowed in the bottom of your pack until needed and not readily at hand for "self defence"
On that note there have been lots of dicussions by some very knowledgeable folk over on British blades about the use of knives in that kind of situation and it really isnt good for either party, even worse without years of martial arts training.
The best way to avoid this situation is not to get into it in the first place. Honest just trying to save you from having to wear a pillow case as a skirt for a few months/years.

multi

Banned
Jul 16, 2012
dorset
Then it should be safely stowed in the bottom of your pack until needed and not readily at hand for "self defence"
On that note there have been lots of dicussions by some very knowledgeable folk over on British blades abou the use of knives in that kind of situation and it really isnt good for either party.
The best way to avoid this situation is not to get into it in the first place. Honest just trying to save you from having to wear a pillow case as a skirt for a few months/years.

Strapped to my leg is not readily available, its concealed, it will be under my clothing, in the thigh region. It will be there incase my pack is mugged. Im just trying to cater for alk scenarios, I can go to legal size... that is not a problem. But I will still ask for a permit from police for a larger blade.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
The police will not give you a permit for a larger blade, IT'S THE LAW ! They will not change the law for your trip.

Strapped to my leg is not readily available, its concealed, it will be under my clothing, in the thigh region. It will be there incase my pack is mugged. Im just trying to cater for alk scenarios, I can go to legal size... that is not a problem. But I will still ask for a permit from police for a larger blade.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Slf defence is aoways going to be a woory on a long trip.
Ive had addicts try and burgle me.
People are being stabbed daily atm, someone was shotin the face the othervday

All without doubt drug related and stress related.

You guys robably go to camp sites or low population areas with no one about..
I have major citys to trek through.. and possibly late at night if i cant find camp

Ofcourse my safetys of concern.

Dont take this as condecending please but the problem here is your plan not your self defence options. That and i think you are listening to the press scaremongering and taking it too far. Yes there are some evil so and so`s about but dont let this make you think the whole world is out to get you.
You should not be wondering around cities at night especially at night with a bag full of knives.
It sounds like the problem here is with your overall route and plan rather than anything else.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What is your problem, multi ? You have already been told.........there are *no* licences for *larger blades*, there are no licences for knives, full stop.

What you are advocating is at best incredibly stupid and at worst down right illegal.

Please go and actually read the responses people have given you on this thread and the others you started.

Toddy

MOD hat on, banned multi for a week as a time out; despite clear information and good advice, he has repeatedly posted that he intends to carry a knife for self defence.
BcUK will neither condone or encourage illegal activity. I told him to go and actually read the replies folks had posted and pay heed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE