wheelchair bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 1, 2005
Mirfield
I'm off this summer for a survival school bushcraft weekend as a wheelchair user it should prove interesting to see how i will get on. I was just wondering if there are any other bushcrafters out there in a similar situation.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Excellent stuff Andy, I hope that it goes really well for you and I hope that you'll give us some tips as I know a few people in the same situation that would like to do some bushcraft but aren’t sure how to approach it.

Cheers

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
andy-37 said:
I'm off this summer for a survival school bushcraft weekend as a wheelchair user it should prove interesting to see how i will get on. I was just wondering if there are any other bushcrafters out there in a similar situation.
Nice one buddy, where are you going for that? ive sat here a while thinking about what i could and couldnt do if i was a wheelchair user, and theres not really a great deal you wont be able to do,depending on where you go and the terrain/access ect, how do you get on with sleeping arraingements, I suppose its all about how much you are dependant on the wheelchair eh, how do you get on with fire by friction Andy? a fire pump may be easier for you mabey, id love to know how you get on and im sure we all would, what sort of things do you do at the moment mate? (sorry about rambling on :rolleyes: ) Oh and welcome good to have you here ;)

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
I recently ran a DoE award course and one of their guys was paralysed pretty much from the neck down with only limited motor skills ect - anyway we involved him in every aspect of the course from shelter building to fire lighting he even cooked his own food over the fire ect the guy gained more from that weekend than any able bodied member there.

Just as importantly I pointed out to his fellow students that in a real survival situation (say a plane crash) you would have injured people who can still contribute to the groups survival and this guy was living proof as he pushed himself beyond his own boundaries!

Andy, like my friend, you will gain so very much from this course - enjoy it mate.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Good luck mate . Would like to hear how you get on . The missus usees a chair and i have been trying to persuade her to join in .
Pumbaa

Mar 1, 2005
Mirfield
The course i'm going on is run by Survival School in Staffordshireand they have been very helpful. I already go camping a fair bit mainly in the yorkshire dales i've got a tipi from moskoselkatan which accomodates me and the wheelchair in comfort. In a survival situation what you know i supose can be as important as what you can do. Thanks for the support and i promise to tell everyone how i get on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE