Whats your Geocaching name?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi guys, now, those of you that dont have any idea what im talking about go here is a short introduction....

"Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment"

Anyway, the main purpose of this thread is to find out who from BCUK is a geocacher...

I will start.... My Geocaching name is "Ruggedswordfish" and yours?

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
I found a cache quite by accident in Cornwall.Looked up all about geocaching,bought a travel bug and a waterproof box and...thats as far as i got!!

Im Launditch on groundspeak.I have yet to go out and find any properly.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I am on geocaching and the name is andy_limbo I have just found a few to do up round Pitlochry these will be the first we have done really but im hoping it keeps the kids interested and then I can introduce some map work sneaky sneaky.

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
I'm in the USA but my name is CheifnTripolee, I misspelled Chief which is one of my wife's pet names for me. She's Tripolee which is a play on triple E because her intials are EEE, which is an improvement because her maiden name initials were EEW.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Would you beleive mine is "MartiniDave" - but I haven't found the time to get out caching for several months now. Something I must do!

Dave

Dec 16, 2007
Swampy99 for me. havn't done and caching for awhile. Think I will take it up in Oz around my way it only seems likw micros so no point in looking. I want to find big stuff.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
We're the Stanton Warriors* - only started a few weeks ago though.

SHMBO was a bit dubious to start but she's really into it now - she's not much of an outdoor person and thought it was all a bit geeky, but we've been out for a couple of weekend strolls and she thinks it's great now.

Just adds a bit of interest to a Sunday afternoon stroll, and great for kids.

*also the name of a popular drain cover!

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Do you get to keep stuff if you find it? Or is it just one big global orienteering exercise?

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Im Globetrotter.uk and have found and hid a few, but recntly not been to active. But I have a walk planned soon which will involve about 7 caches,

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Don't do it personally, but when out at the paper caves the other week, we bumped into a squad of around 8 folks all harnessed up going into the caves... on the way out they explained what they were doing. We went down, minus the harnesses etc and tried to get to the final wee bit, but by god it's a tight squeeze, and I justy couldn't get any foot grip to push muself into the crack. Have to say fist look at it, I did feel a mild claustriphobic, but after Bivibabe had a go, I just had to didn't I? lol We met up with the other lot after we climbed out and had a nibble, they are quite into it apparently, and the paper caves is one of the hardest they've done. One of them lost his flask as it fell into a small bit deep erm.. hole in the ground.. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE