What's your favourite knot ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
uhm lets see

tarp knot
figure 8---------------------
double figure 8 |
italian hitch |
clove hitch climbing
classic prussik |
kleimheist prussik |
french prussic--------------------------

evenk knot
timber hitch
double fishermans and many more as and when needed

and when all is lost ( if you cant tie knots, tie lots) LOL

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
lol the monkey's fist made of paracord I have on my car keys, lol everyone who picks it up always spends a good 5 mins trying to follow it and figure out how its done :D

shortyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 18, 2010
Lancashire
Sheepshank as it's a bit different but v useful.
Marlin spike hitch. Use it on my canoe bridle as I hate tying bowlines.
Clove hitch. Just so simple. I wish I'd invented it.
Bow for shoe laces :0)

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
munter hitch - used for lowering and decending as you would with a figure 8
Image031.jpg

pete

I've nearly been hitched to a munter or two in my time. I've always been partial to the simplicity of the Highwayman's hitch.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Alpine Butterfly...

[video=youtube;1gZLrPGexZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZLrPGexZo[/video]

Choice knot great for tying on in the middle of a rope on glaciated terrain. Which means you're not at the front...:)

Will Bowden

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2009
Exmoor
www.MuddyRedLandRover.co.uk
The ones I use most often:

Bow for the boots
Round turn and two half hitches, anchor hitch or bowline for one end of the rope and a Truckers hitch for t'other
Alpine butterfly for mid rope loops

Thats seems to cover most things, What I would like to be able to do is something like a highwaymans hitch that can be used for tying a deerhound lurcher outside a shop without him managing to escape and wander up the road peeing over everything...

Will :)

Oct 11, 2010
Somerset
I use the Alpine butterfly, its my fave as its so useful and soquick and easy. But I do like the Highwaymans Hitch for a quick release strong hammock knot.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
That Klemheist knot looks real good, gonna try that out on my hammock ridgeline instead of prussics. Are there any requirements on rope sizings? Will it work well as well on equally sized ropes as different sizings?

You will get slippage with a Klemheist Knot on the hammock, stick to the non-french prussik.

My fav. knot is a fig 8, safe, tightens to absorb energy, easily checked and retains 80% strength of the rope.

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE