What's this.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
what mushroom is this?

d74ff8024aaa9edc419420ea1e8b2df6.jpg

What tree is this?

fbc0f05ace0f94fdd5a092d3acdf7b4b.jpg

Thank you!

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Is the fungi on a beech tree and low down? It has pores so it's not an oyster, best I can think of is giant polypore, Meripilus giganteus, but it doesn't look quite right to me.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Is the fungi on a beech tree and low down? It has pores so it's not an oyster, best I can think of is giant polypore, Meripilus giganteus, but it doesn't look quite right to me.
I'll have to go check what tree it is. But it's about 7 or 8ft off the ground.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If it was on conifer I would say Oyster Rollrim, but as it's on deciduous, probably young hen of the woods. However, identification from photos alone fool the experts let alone us amateurs :)

Giant polypore flesh discolours black when bruised.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
If it was on conifer I would say Oyster Rollrim, but as it's on deciduous, probably young hen of the woods. However, identification from photos alone fool the experts let alone us amateurs :)

Giant polypore flesh discolours black when bruised.
I thought it may have been COTW when I first saw it from a distance. My child like excitement made me almost run up to it! . Is Hen of the woods a different mushroom?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE