whats the get go with the trangia ring thread locking?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Taking micky or something ?

My own personal opinion is that, reading down, the thread was bumped by a new member who mentions a supplier and then appears to have signed off. Could easily be innocent of course :D .

EDIT: And then there's the issue that the answer has been fully provided and there's no real _need_ to leave the thread open for updates ~ after 70 plus years it's not like Trangia or the Cook Set makers are likely to change the sizing ;) .

IIRC the recommended course of action to take if you're unsure of why a thread's been locked is to ask a Mod via PM ~ preferably the one who locked it or, if it's not instantly obvious, just drop a PM to a Mod who's been recently active on the forum (we all have days away :) ).

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
The original question was asked over 7 years ago which was why it was locked

the thread

www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14395

was locked. Don't understand why ? Too mundaine, ie much ado about nothing ? Taking micky or something ?

flipping moron.

Just wondered what thread necromancy is. Have to chech the dates from now on, especially if they're short. Wondered why I'd never seen most of the members before. Maybe lock threads over 18 months old automatic, archive I think its called. Done it before myself, link to a thread leave a message and look like a tit !

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
If you locked everything at 18 months or whenever, some gems would be lost that otherwise keep resurfacing every once in a while.

I don't have a problem with old threads myself, and sometimes they'll be re-posted at just the right time for someone by coincidence.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE