What's the best way to sell a wristwatch?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Well, I know it's not bush crafty but I am approaching my wits' end. I have two watches made by Kobold (an American maker whose watches are now worn by Sir Ranulph Fiennes) to sell and don't know how best to get shot of them. I have tried Watchfinder but they weren't interested as they deal only in mainstream, high-end European brands - an oversight on they part.

So how best to go about selling these two? They are genuine, boxed, hardly used and with the necessary documents, so someone, somewhere stands to get themselves a real bargain - or two...

Any advice most gratefully received!

Thanks,
Richard

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
If they have a following then the right worded listing on E bay with a reserve will sell them surely; a few high end watches also show up on British Blades as well you would have to join to advertse there.Good luck

racer66

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2013
london
Other than the fees, eBay will always you the best exposure and a pretty good shot at the market price of something. Maybe look at completed listings to see if one has sold before.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I checked out the prices on eBay and was advised to try my luck selling them on the watchuseek forum. It would appear that my two are very good value, being about half the price of the eBay quoted ones. Still, I am hoping for a quick, but reasonable sale.

Again, thanks for the advice. I will post the requested pictures here in the next day or so. I just need to remember how...!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Looks like this one is sold to a gentleman in the United States. Didn't get much for it but at least it'll be used!

View attachment 25127View attachment 25128

This one is a Kobold Polar Surveyour II Chronograph...

It is in 316L Stainless Steel, have a 300 metre water resistance and are in very, very good condition.

The aim is to have a quick but reasonable sale. If anyone is interested, p.m. me and we can talk prices which include postage and packing to any U.K. addresses.

Apologies for the photos - they're ghastly but they give you a bit more of an idea...

Last edited:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
...and this one is a Kobold Soarway Diver.

View attachment 25129View attachment 25130

Again, it's in the same steel as the other one and is similarly rated for water resistance but this one comes with a rather natty cherry wood box.

Please p.m. me if you have any further enquiries or want to discuss the price. I am after a reasonable and fairly quick sale but am not interested in silly offers. The price will include shipping to any U.K. address.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Time is pressing so, in the interests of keeping the powers that be happy, I am offering both the Kobold Soarway Diver and the Polar Surveyour II at unmissable prices for watches of this quality. Obviously, because this is a discussion forum, I won't post the details here but, if there are any souls out there who are tempted by a bargain, please do p.m. me and I'll give you the lowdown on those ludicrously low prices...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE