Whats the best ''Skeleton'' Knife ?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi, 1 of my fishing buddies has ask me to have a look around online and find him a Skeleton Blade for his tackle box.
And in all honesty I've searched online for it and there are to many to choose between.
Any User's / Owner's who have got or used this style of blade.
And would you give them the thumbs up.
cheers

Last edited:

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
If it was me for fishing I would buy Blacktip Fishermans II multi tool, they are made by SOG for West Marine. It's the only multi tool made for the fisherman, it has the compound leverage which would be well handy and longer nose pliers that are thin and exactly what a fisher needs.

Its on my wish list for sure!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I have a buck pak-lite skinner in large and it's a decent knife but it hasn't seen much use so I couldn't vouch for its longevity but it seems pretty strong.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Over on BB a maker called Tlim does them. I've got one & posted pics of it on here last year, but i don't know how to get things back up.

Rob

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Over on BB a maker called Tlim does them. I've got one & posted pics of it on here last year, but i don't know how to get things back up.

Rob

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Oh yeah I forgot about the ''DSK'', My mate's seen the Custom Mini DSK Knife I had made but he wanted a bigger knife, good shout I will show him the standard version of the DSK tomorrow.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
:D

IMG_0576.jpg

Nicely rounded off all round so nothing to attack the hand.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
For a long time I carried a CRKT MDP Stiff Kiss as my back up blade, a Ed Halligan design, and had no issues with it except the plastic sheaths a bit bulky. For my pottering about neck knife and as my current back up I use a Neck PECK with aheavily cut down sheath. It's ideal for light tasks and weighs practically nothing.

atb

tom

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well he's made his mind up after watching a load of youtube clips, And he's getting the GERBER BG Para-Cord knife.
cheers for your help, But it looks like he already decided that was the knife he him.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
But Looking for a Skeleton Blade for him has cost me, As I spotted the ESEE Candiru knife and I've ordered 1 for me.
Anyone got 1 and would you recommend the Optional Handle Scales.
cheers

Last edited:

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
:D

IMG_0576.jpg

Nicely rounded off all round so nothing to attack the hand.

That's a nice looking knife Stew. Could be modded as a knife specifically for fishing. If it was for my own fishing purposes i'd like a split-shot opener ( like a tiny bone-breaker on the spine,maybe 10mm long but not razor sharp ). A sheath rig that held a disgorger and a set of artery forceps and that's it. The perfect fishing companion!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE