Whats Do You Miss Most When Not Out in The Bush?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
i miss the simplisity, and i have the argument with people all the time about how money isnt important all u need is a roof food water and the skills to know were and how to find it.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
its the oneness for me too that feeling of calm and belonging as you relax under the open sky (that not infrequently in this country gets you very wet), but the thing I really hate about not being outside is being trapped in these horrid boxes we call buildings driving these electronic goggle boxes,

James

charley beale

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2006
South
The smell especially after the rain and the ability to think without interruption or distraction from people who strive to do everything faster and from consumer durables that spoon feed the mind.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Silence and Solitute--Smell of a fire--smell of the woods--sound of a fire--
sound of the trees when the wind is going through them--in the woods I can hear the snow falling which is impossible with people around you.
//Abbe

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Well, I know the food tastes different for some reason. ;)

bluetarp1b.jpg

taterssausageonions1b.jpg

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
being able to do things at my own pace and when I decide to do them.

Rather than being told where to be, when to be there and how long i have to be there and what i have to do while im there.
I suppose thats just one of the gripes of being employeed rather than self employeed.

capacious

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 7, 2005
Swansea
At around 3, sometimes 4 in the morning there is a period when every single living creature, no matter where you are (ok, maybe not every single one, but at least the noisy ones), is sleeping. At this point there is absolutely not a single sound in the forest. This lasts for all of fifteen minutes at most, and is the most precious of moments in anyones life - to totally immerse yourself in the seemingly massive volume of total silence. It was said that silence is golden, but I disagree. SIlence is worth immeasurably more than gold, and if i lost it from my life i would be a lesser man.

That is what I miss most.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE