What would you change about your mora clipper?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Everyone seems to love their mora clippers for the sub £10 you get em for, but if you could (if anything), what would you see changed about the design to suit your needs better?

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
Nowt!! Brilliant things that they are!!!

That said, i've just got a MIKI and reckon I'm gonna try my hand and rehandling it (first such project undertaken :D)

I picked up a few of the frosts 'viking' mora for £2.50
http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/Product/Product.aspx?id=134843522

It doesn't have the rubberized handle that the clipper has and the sheath is terrible, but at that price I can make new handles and sheaths, even if I ruin a few in the process.

looks like they sell the sheath as a spare part you could ask to buy just the knives and they can put the sheaths into stock get a Quit off :lmao:

ATB

Duncan

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
three things, first that curved bit at end of handle, i always trim/cut off that part at the end of the handle that droops down (the bit of hard plastic on the end of handle that droops down on underside), second as a lefty i would like the factory sheath to be available for left-handers, i have never seen a factory-made left-handed sheath so presume they don't do them, thirdly i would prefer the sheath to be not a clip-on but fixed at both ends, i put some rubber inner tube on sheath to keep the open clip-on part held firm so the sheath doesn't get accidentally pushed off when pushing through undergrowth. If i was really picky a fourth thing would be to have a slightly shorter length as i have small hands and a little shorter length would be preferred.

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
The only thing i have changed about mine is to drill a hole in the top of the belt clip and thread some paracord through so it ties onto the belt and is completely secure and then added some more paracord as a retention strap sort of thing. i might post pics of it one day to aid in describing it but we'll have to wait and see.

Steve.

lee2205

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2010
guildford
two things to change
first a lanyard hole would be great
second make the blade a mil or two thicker.
it would be nice to see a full tang version too
lee

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I made a leather sheath for mine not that it was needed.

That said, i've just got a MIKI and reckon I'm gonna try my hand and rehandling it (first such project undertaken :D)

I would buy a blade with a longer tang rather than rehandle a Clipper or Miki.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
why a full tang?? Ive used mines doing all sorts of things that i shouldnt really be doing with it and the stick tang has never entered the equation.

The only thing i would change is a lanyard hole, that is it. Anymore additions would make it cost more and that is not what a clipper is about, cheap and does the job that many more expensive knives do also.

If it aint broke, leave it bloody well alone ( my parting remarks to a freelancer i fired on site once)

livefast999

Aug 12, 2008
uk
a hole in the bottom for a lanyard, i got a clipper stainless in orange from bahco.

I have a clipper in green, I drilled a hole in the end of the handle, to fit a lanyard

also drilled a hole in the belt clip on the sheath, and attached a small karabinor, to clip it on a belt loop, this mod means it can also move when you go to sit down.

Other than that I wouldnt change a thing, great knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE