What would be your ideal trip or adventure!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
OK I've just been informed that it's back on, you know big......, oh I can't even bring myself to say it's name!

As SWMBO will be watching it I need to stay in to ensure that she can be brought out of the BB induced coma!

To keep myself sane I will be planning my perfect trip, but what's yours past or future?

Pib

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Mine aren't very bushcrafty, hope that's allowed.

I'd quite like to Cunard it across the Atlantic... and I'd spend all evening on deck
gawping at the stars, fiddling about with one of those astrolabe thingies :D

Also to go and see the Very Large Array of radio telescopes in New Mexico.

So... bit of an astronomical theme there.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
That's a very interesting question. I think for me it would have to be an extended trip through one of the worlds great northern forests. Say the Taiga or perhaps Alaska. I think I would prefer spring or autumn when there was more going on in terms of wildlife. I would love to stay with native people who could show me the local ropes and I hope I would have the humility to be a good pupil. You can never know too much.
Not Bushcrafty I know, but I am in the middle of planning a trip next year with the Jubilee Sailing Trust on a tallship from Antigua in the Caribbean. There are 40 crew, 20 able bodied and 20 disabled. Each able bodied person is 'buddied' with a disabled person and the crew is divided into 4 watches. I did it a couple of years ago and it was a great experience.:D

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
I'm thinking that mine would be...

Kayaking from place to place down a long river see lots of interesting things with a group of good friends. Every night stopping off somewhere new to setup camp. Moving on in the morning. I think that would be cool for a few days. :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I dont know, Ive never had the chance to go anywhere so I think Ill stay at home where Im happy.

But I `am` going on that day trip to North Rona, which beats pretty much everything for remoteness

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Well, I have been planning to walk the Cape Wrath Trail for many a year now, its supposed to be the UK's toughest walk, all I need now is the 3 weeks to do it and the money to cover me for that time...
I would love to do a big canoe trip down a river and also that Via Feretta (I think its called) where you go mountain climbing, with all the serious exposure to get the heart racing, but you are hooked onto rungs and ladders fixed to the rocks...Think its in Italy somewhere...

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
JoJo has hit the nail on the head for me! Just me the wife and the kids, paddling and camping! No worries, no panicking about work, no choirs. Yeah I'm there right now!

Pib

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
How about BCUK has a moot in somewhere like Canada, say, for a few weeks, then we all go off for our own trips for a year or two......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE