What Watch (With specifics)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
OK so I am looking for an alrounder that does the following

GPS. to track distance, speed, etc GPS must be built in, no seperate units so it can be used on foot, bike etc

Waterproof would be good
Thermometer would also be good

Anyone any experience?

DutchWalker

Apr 25, 2011
Netherlands
You could look into the garmin forerunner series, most of them have gps, other funtions vary per model.

Suunto also makes some models with GPS, such as the X-10. These are waterproof and can also measure temperature.

Jan 8, 2010
St Neots, Cambs
You may find that a watch with GPS won't have the battery life - my Forerunner 305 is great, but the battery is good for 5-6 hours tops, plus it doesn't have a thermometer & is only waterproof to 1m.

You may be better off buying a (relatively) cheap casio that'll tell the time and possibly temperature, and then purchasing a GPS separately. You'll get much better battery life that way (14+ hours out of my GPSMap 60Csx). I use it on foot, and on my pedal and motorbike via the robust mount.

You'll find there is a compromise in a "do it all" unit, a wrist mounted GPS will never have the screen size or resolution to display anything more than the most basic information. Better off buying a GPS and using that to tell the time!!

Chalky

Edit - Typo

Last edited:

Spaniel man

Native
Apr 28, 2007
Somerset
What he said,
I had a Forerunner, but didn't get on with it much. I wear a Suunto Core (not without it's limitations) which I wear when I'm out and about, and a small Garmin in my pocket when I'm further off the beaten track. I have a mate who has an X10 and it drives him mad! Some of the Casio pro treks are pretty good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE