What to make with 5 to 6 oz veg tan leateher

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Good day all,

In my stupidity I ordered some 5 to 6 oz veg tan leather ([FONT=Open Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]2.0 to 2.4 mm) when i thought i was ordering 6 to 7oz (2.4 to 2.8mm) leather to make some pouches

[/FONT]So my options are send it back (paying for postage) or just keep it and make something different.

Being a beginner in leather craft I am wondering what I could make with this thinner leather?

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I personnaly would not worry to much. I use between 2 & 3mm for almost everything apart from belts ( which I go slightly thicker ). I have done bags, rifle slings, pouches and sheaths all from 2-3mm leather.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
I personnaly would not worry to much. I use between 2 & 3mm for almost everything apart from belts ( which I go slightly thicker ). I have done bags, rifle slings, pouches and sheaths all from 2-3mm leather.
I have been looking today and come up with some ideas of things to make.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Just started working on a new satchel today from 2mm veg shoulder intended as a gift for swmbo. I use a lot of 3.5mm so that I can skive it down where I need to, but find myself buying alot of 1.6-2mm these days as it is so versatile

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE