what to get from sweden?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Thanks for your replies folks, just to clear a few things up so you can refine your responses. I've been to Stokholm before but I was skint and not as in to bushcraft as I am now. The Swedish blonde is a nice suggestion but i already have a beautiful blonde and she will be coming with me. I don't drink so beer is not a problem and I'm hoping that I'll be staying with friends. The LK70 idea sounds great if anyone knows somewhere I can get one from.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Seriously though Heath, how about some Reindeer hides or some nice kuksas, a decent set of wood carving tools perhaps ???

Maybe see if there`s some ex issue cold weather gear knocking about.

Rich

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Shewie, such items are only found in the really touristy parts of the town, and are very expensive, if you want those kind of things you are better of in the northern parts.

There aren't so many surplus stores in central sthlm, and the ever elusive LK70 is not to be found there iirc.

And fenna, you are very right mister! I'm stuck drinking imported new castle.

And mimung, actually compared to other nationalities I think swedes in general are quite rude and superficial. A new yorker I know who stayed with me said that swedes were the most superficial people she ever met. And I kinda agree. And rude. Ever tried getting on a bus? Elbows and teeth, man, elbows and teeth. And just look on how people are treating one another. No civil courage at all. So this remark wasn't aimed specifically to sthlm but to swedes in general, although they're worst in the capital :D I guess it's like this in all bigger cities. Of course most people are really nice once you get to know them.

If you want other activities besides shopping. Just say so, I lived there for a year or so.

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Shewie, such items are only found in the really touristy parts of the town, and are very expensive, if you want those kind of things you are better of in the northern parts.

There aren't so many surplus stores in central sthlm, and the ever elusive LK70 is not to be found there iirc.

And fenna, you are very right mister! I'm stuck drinking imported new castle.

And mimung, actually compared to other nationalities I think swedes in general are quite rude and superficial. A new yorker I know who stayed with me said that swedes were the most superficial people she ever met. And I kinda agree. And rude. Ever tried getting on a bus? Elbows and teeth, man, elbows and teeth. And just look on how people are treating one another. No civil courage at all. So this remark wasn't aimed specifically to sthlm but to swedes in general, although they're worst in the capital :D I guess it's like this in all bigger cities. Of course most people are really nice once you get to know them.

If you want other activities besides shopping. Just say so, I lived there for a year or so.

Some suggestions would be great. I don't know all the details yet, but when I get more of an idea would it be ok for me to PM you for some ideas?

Mimung

May 30, 2007
Sweden
Note: Most of the museums are closed at mondays. And about the war museum, it can´t beat the Imperial War museum (I love it and will return sometime to london. I love that city...) but it´s worth a visit. Hope you enjoy your staying in Sweden and if you got some spare time, pay a visit to Uppsala. The city is situated north of Stockholm and the train trip between takes approx one hour. The town is smaller and Uppsala castle and the big cathedral dominates the town. /Mimung

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE